How did we get to where we are in our culture and our politics today? I have wondered this since Obama took office and started exacting his socialist agenda on our great country. There is plenty of blame to go around—complacency, greed, laziness, apathy. I submit that churches may not have caused the problems we have today, but certainly could have curtailed the advancement of tyranny. In my work (my book and The Dr. Gina Show), I have laid out the way that some cowardly pastors have tolerated their flocks’ apathy, greed, complacency and laziness, and that only the...
As much as I despise Obama and the entire leftist elites, in the case of churches and political speech, I believe it to be a case of render onto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Remember there is absolutely no law impinging on anyone's speech in Church or Synagogue. The rule is only in regard to Tax Free Status. He who pays the piper calls the tune. A pastor whose flock would not donate after-tax money, or any money for which they cannot get a tax deduction has a tepid congregation. Not a Tax expert myself, why don't those Churches burning with political zeal form other Non-Profit type financial structures?
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 21 minutes ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 3 hours ago