Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
According to Ben Franklin, we have already hit the point of no return: "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." For conservatives to have any chance at making a worthwhile change in this country, we would have to control not only the government, but also the media and education systems. Barring that, about the only thing that has a chance to turn this country around is a complete economic collapse which results in the annihilation of the "moocher" class and strips away the ability of the liberals to offer "free stuff" at the expense of the taxpayer.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago