Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
According to Ben Franklin, we have already hit the point of no return: "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." For conservatives to have any chance at making a worthwhile change in this country, we would have to control not only the government, but also the media and education systems. Barring that, about the only thing that has a chance to turn this country around is a complete economic collapse which results in the annihilation of the "moocher" class and strips away the ability of the liberals to offer "free stuff" at the expense of the taxpayer.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago