Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
According to Ben Franklin, we have already hit the point of no return: "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." For conservatives to have any chance at making a worthwhile change in this country, we would have to control not only the government, but also the media and education systems. Barring that, about the only thing that has a chance to turn this country around is a complete economic collapse which results in the annihilation of the "moocher" class and strips away the ability of the liberals to offer "free stuff" at the expense of the taxpayer.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago