As the nation debates whether to institutionalize same-sex marriage, social scientists have been weighing in -- often with a heavy hand. As Mark Regnerus, author of a new study examining outcomes for children in a variety of home environments, notes social science regarding gay and lesbian parenting has swung from "presents challenges," to "no difference" to "superior" in the space of one decade. The American Psychological Association declared flatly in 2005 that, "Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents." That prompted skepticism from...
"Lesbians" can't be the biological "parents" of children. One of them may be the mother of a specific child, but that is as close as they get to "parent" without a father. Nowhere in this article are lesbians discussed as biological mothers. I guess facts come in second to your prejudices, but then again, your fear and hate of anything with which you disagree makes you say some pretty screwy things.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 13 hours ago