TAMPA, FL - Governor Mitt Romney accepted his party's nomination for the presidency of the United States of America tonight, telling RNC delegates that voters face a clear choice in November. His remarks focused on his broad executive experience in both the private and public sectors, and the future he envisions for America. The basic message: Here's who I am. Here's where I come from and what I've done. Here are my values. Here's the current state of the union. And here are my solutions. Please join me. Like Paul Ryan last night, Romney drew contrasts with his opponent,...
I believe Romney/Ryan will cruise to a huge landslide victory in November, and we'll finally be rid of the scourge that has been the Obama administration. But the election is about far more than that pesky three letter word, j-o-b-s. Whoops, sorry that was Biden math. It's a four letter word. We had 4.7% unemployment under Bush and none of our other problems disappeared. We'll still need to deal with entitlement spending (people who accept a government check in lieu of actually holding down a JOB), adequate defense, immigration, the assaults on marriage, the sanctity of life, etc.... The election is about the moral health of the nation as much as anything. Fiscal problems are an outgrowth and an indicator of moral decay.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago