In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
Flagged for moronic ignorance and blasphemous stupidity.
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 4 minutes ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago