A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
So, if the Democrats get Steven Speilberg to be their mystery guest speaker, won't that be cool? Who cares if Hollywood celebs speak at conventions? I don't. Eastwood should just stay home.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago