A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
So, if the Democrats get Steven Speilberg to be their mystery guest speaker, won't that be cool? Who cares if Hollywood celebs speak at conventions? I don't. Eastwood should just stay home.
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 34 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago