A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
So, if the Democrats get Steven Speilberg to be their mystery guest speaker, won't that be cool? Who cares if Hollywood celebs speak at conventions? I don't. Eastwood should just stay home.
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 4 hours ago