A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
So, if the Democrats get Steven Speilberg to be their mystery guest speaker, won't that be cool? Who cares if Hollywood celebs speak at conventions? I don't. Eastwood should just stay home.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 5 hours ago