Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
All that's missing from Powell's rambling incoherent remarks is his insistence that it was just about an obscure Youtube video, which of course, he has seen and is deeply offended by. After all, those ARE the liberal talking points.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 hours ago