Greece appears to have staved off fiscal annihilation for the moment, yet its fiscal death march into oblivion continues apace. Other major Eurozone players have spent themselves into similarly precarious positions. Here in the US, our gross national debt has surpassed 100 percent of GDP, and the CBO is warning anyone who will listen that very dark days lie ahead unless significant action is taken -- and soon. Last summer, our national credit rating was downgraded for the first time ever, due to the lack of will in Washington to adequately address our own looming...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago