One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
FINALLY, got your diaper changed??? NOW, how about addressing the issue that you tried to avoid... What part of.... "Okay Fine, We've Been Lying About Romney's Tax Plan" ... don't you get??? And that came from Cutter, an Obozo SPOKESPERSON.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago