One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
fozzie Wrote:@ 10:06 AM Back in time to expose your ignorance and lies: Congress sends money to Palestine, not the President! = And we went ALL OVER THIS yesterday..... The Palestinian Accountability Act: H.R. 2457 US Congress deliberately froze a $192 Million aid package to the Palestinian Authority. As stated in the Palestinian Accountability Act, “[N]o funds available to any US Govt dept. or agency … may be obligated or expended with respect to providing funds to the Palestinian Authority.” April, 28, 2012, (a Sat.) Obama signed an EO that bypassed Congress and arbitrarily lifted a ban on said financial aid to the Palestinian Authority, and $192 Million went to Palestine.. THAT'S how your traitor pres did it!!!
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 4 hours ago