One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Cutter already admitted they LIE ....
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 mins ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago