One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Cutter already admitted they LIE ....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 42 minutes ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 3 hours ago