Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
When kids live in free housing and eat free food and parents beg churches and other institutions for the light bill, use their children and their ss#'s to open new accounts and not pay old bills and on and on to even include free cell phones; they do not learn to respect private property. When I went to school we had to bring school supplies. If we lost them or broke them we had to do without. We did not bring 15 packs of crayons for a communal pot and allow them to be broken and crushed by people who do not respect private property. And then have to replace them. And you know it is the working class that is replacing these supplies. They cannot teach the basic requirement, respect for personal property. It is unknown in their homes.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago