Quack multiculturalism is the name Frisby gives to the vision...
When kids live in free housing and eat free food and parents beg churches and other institutions for the light bill, use their children and their ss#'s to open new accounts and not pay old bills and on and on to even include free cell phones; they do not learn to respect private property. When I went to school we had to bring school supplies. If we lost them or broke them we had to do without. We did not bring 15 packs of crayons for a communal pot and allow them to be broken and crushed by people who do not respect private property. And then have to replace them. And you know it is the working class that is replacing these supplies. They cannot teach the basic requirement, respect for personal property. It is unknown in their homes.
Professor Craig Frisby is on the faculty of University of Missouri's Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology. His most recent book is "Meeting the Psychoeducational Needs of Minority Students." It's a 662-page textbook covering a range of topics from multiculturalism and home and family influences to student testing and school discipline. There's no way full justice can be given to this excellent work in the space of this column, so I'll highlight a few valuable insights he makes that would help educators do a better job with minority students.
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 4 hours ago