The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Romney’s Vultures Cash In On Auto Bailout, Tell GM And US Treasury ‘Give Us Our Money Or We Will Shut You Down’ (VIDEO) Romney may have argued “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt” in his 2008 New York Times editorial, but he and his wife still managed to cash in a whopping $15.3 million from the auto industry bailout. In this week’s exposé for The Nation, “Mitt Romney’s Bailout Bonanza,” investigative journalist, Greg Palast, explains how Paul “the Vulture” Singer — Romney’s friend, business partner, major donor, and key campaign adviser — extorted $12 billion from US. taxpayers. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/29/romneys-vultures-cash-in-on-auto-bailout-tell-gm-and-us-treasury-give-us-our-money-or-we-will-shut-you-down-video/
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014