What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
The recent Op-Ed by Ratner calls for a 'Death Panel' under obamacare. 15 unelected government employees will decide what procedures, treatments and medications will be approved or denied when requested by a patient's Doctor. Rembember, Ratner was appointed by obama to decide which car dealers would be closed with the auto bailout. He kept open the dealers who gave money to the obama campaign and closed those who did not. It is 'reasonable' to conclude that if obama is re-elected and obamacare stands, democrat voters and donors will get medical care and Republican voters and donors will not. It won't take Independent voters long to figure out which side of the bread their health care is buttered on.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 12 hours ago