Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
Explains alot. Yes, that will be so fun to watch SNL make fun of one of the few politicians that care about our country. Dems are such losers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago