The second important fact that Chaffetz provided involved Gen. Carter Ham, former head of U.S. Africa command. The Utah congressman says Ham told him “personally” that “he did not get a directive from the White House, from the president of the United States to engage in the fire fight to help protect those people.” “Mr. President, you can’t have it both ways,” Chaffetz added. “You can’t say that you are doing everything you can to protect the people in Benghazi when we are under attack — a fire fight that starts at 9:40 at night and goes to the wee hours of the morning — and say you did everything when the military did not engage.” Ham has since been relieved of duty, though the Pentagon says it has nothing to do with the Benghazi att
TAMPA, Fla. -- This is the hometown of U.S. Special Operations Command -- at nearby MacDill Air Force Base. This headquarters dispatches our military's special operators -- Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines -- on missions in the most difficult and dangerous places on earth. It's also the place where "action officers" are burning the midnight oil -- but not necessarily planning new targets for our Navy SEALs. Apparently, a "good number" of SOCOM's staff members are busy preparing responses to the batches of inquiries about what really happened in Benghazi, Libya -- before, during and after the terror attack on...
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 43 mins ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 4 hours ago