The second important fact that Chaffetz provided involved Gen. Carter Ham, former head of U.S. Africa command. The Utah congressman says Ham told him “personally” that “he did not get a directive from the White House, from the president of the United States to engage in the fire fight to help protect those people.” “Mr. President, you can’t have it both ways,” Chaffetz added. “You can’t say that you are doing everything you can to protect the people in Benghazi when we are under attack — a fire fight that starts at 9:40 at night and goes to the wee hours of the morning — and say you did everything when the military did not engage.” Ham has since been relieved of duty, though the Pentagon says it has nothing to do with the Benghazi att
TAMPA, Fla. -- This is the hometown of U.S. Special Operations Command -- at nearby MacDill Air Force Base. This headquarters dispatches our military's special operators -- Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines -- on missions in the most difficult and dangerous places on earth. It's also the place where "action officers" are burning the midnight oil -- but not necessarily planning new targets for our Navy SEALs. Apparently, a "good number" of SOCOM's staff members are busy preparing responses to the batches of inquiries about what really happened in Benghazi, Libya -- before, during and after the terror attack on...
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago