Second page second paragraph. The author says "It fires roughly 12-15 rounds per second." I believe you meant rounds per minute. I have seen some fast trigger fingers but not 15 per second.

Is Putin One of Us?

anewman Wrote: Dec 19, 2013 5:36 PM
I've tried to write these thoughts out a few times before. I thought I did a good job, but not nearly as good as this above. No name calling, just the plain sad facts.

Is the Sun Rising in the East?

anewman Wrote: Dec 06, 2013 4:40 PM
I think this is an interesting thought. What would you say are some of the important aspects of J.C. civilization that aren't there in secular Europe/US?

Is the Sun Rising in the East?

anewman Wrote: Dec 06, 2013 4:35 PM
What Buchanan never says clearly in these articles is that he believes the low scores are due to the genetic inferiority of these groups. I do not accept this view. I like hearing Buchanan's views on american politics, on liberty, on trade issues, on foreign diplomacy, even on history. But anything I come across on racial demographics or Israel, I read cringing inside. Intelligent, thoughtful Americans can still be racist and anti-Semitic, Pat Buchanan is living proof.

Is the Superpower Afraid of Iran?

anewman Wrote: Nov 26, 2013 1:45 PM
I have no idea what you two are talking about. PB is about the least inclined to war of any American I have read. He wrote a book how World War 2 probably wasn't necessary. Its like you don't even bother to learn who you are criticizing.

If You Want a Conservative Child

anewman Wrote: Nov 12, 2013 2:05 PM
And if they are not?

Memo to Merkel: Tell Obama to Take a Hike

anewman Wrote: Nov 07, 2013 10:25 AM
Nathan, LA-Steve, As supporters in free trade could you spell out clearly the negative reprecussions of a modest import tariff to the current economic situation in the US? I'm not doing this as a challenge or to catch or argue with you. I really need to have a clear specific counterpoint in my head when Pat makes it sound so simple.

Hail to the Redskins!

anewman Wrote: Oct 22, 2013 4:56 PM
I can't understand this article. But then again I don't understand Buchanan's outlook on the proper future course for racial integration in the U.S. I like his views on lots of issues, definitely an alternative and principled voice on the right. But what he leaves unsaid about race (and the Jewish tradition) always makes me (wonder? no) worry.

Is Iran the Fourth Reich?

anewman Wrote: Sep 24, 2013 6:22 PM
I am not a foreign policy wonk. I have had a chance to speak with an american journalist of Persian descent who was imprisoned by the Iranian government for over 3 months. If they are not a dictatorship, and really I didn't claim they were, they have that theocratic side in the shadows and an autocratic and repressive police force from everything I've heard. Regardless, new leaders, new offers, I think Pat has some good points. But some part of my not quite informed mind, has an idea that Russia, Syria, and Iran are taking/making this opportunity to normalize, entrench, solidify themselves. And while peace is a favorable option for me in just about every decision, I have a feeling that the US's best interests may not be in a solid Russia, Syria, Iran alliance in the gulf. And I think they are exploiting this administration's aimless confused accidental foreign policy to "grab for the ring" by offering seemingly sweet deals - no chemical weapons in Syria, no Nuke Weapons in Iran. But why such concessions at a time of US weakness?!? But for now, I think I'll default to a "Blessed are the peacemakers" stance.

Is Iran the Fourth Reich?

anewman Wrote: Sep 24, 2013 3:09 PM
Yeah, like I said I'm just starting the thinking... but neither one of you seem to get what I was saying. In Pat's write up he says they are probably not even trying to get a bomb, because they sure aren't going to defeat the US with "one." I just said having one might just mean something else. What country holding nuclear weapons has had a full scale ground invasion? US, Russia, France, China, UK, Pakistan, India, North Korea? Nope, none of them. Maybe the real truth is NEITHER that one bomb is useless or that one bomb is a huge threat. Maybe the truth is that one bomb is a ticket for freedom from military intervention. (or at least perceived that way) So the reason we don't want Iran to have the bomb, and the reason Iran wants the bomb, is to prevent some future regime change military operation there. I don't think the US is evil, etc. I also think we have fought a few wars that may not have been in our best interests (I believe Syria would have fit into this category). It was just a new Idea I hadn't considered before, I had always thought of nuclear proliferation as so dangerous, because someone will eventually screw up and have something lost, or stolen, or some other mistake that because of our treaty entanglements will cause all holy hell. But maybe there is a more real but lower level proliferation threat, that we will be deterred from having any real sway on any dictator. That any tin pot who develops the A bomb gets a country for life and... and what? I can't follow through.