Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: 17 hours ago (1:45 PM)
CptPam, I'm guessing you've never put much effort into educating yourself or gaining some info, but if something hits you in the head and changes your ways, I'll give you a hint. If you suspect someone of misrepresenting themselves just click on their name above the comment then you can see everything they have said for months. You, I can see, have never bothered to write more than a dozen words to anyone. Not surprising, every single one of them is an juvenile insult. Why don't you Check me out? Also why don't you head over to the huff-po and joint the rest of the name-call-first, think-never crowd.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 19, 2014 5:13 PM
I'm pretty darn right wing, and about as law abiding as they come (no one in modern America can follow every law) but for me: no speeding, no spitting in public, I even try not to j-walk. I used to think like you, In the last two years I have had a change of heart. Take a look at some of these: http://www.policebrutality.info Police have always treated me just fine. But what if there is a culture change coming from the top? What if enforcement of laws is optional (think immigration) and harassment of citizens (think IRS) is all about make the system work "best"? It should be about how to serve citizens and how to protect our rights. I just don't get that feeling anymore.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:41 PM
Petronia I bet we are in agreement. You said "that isn't the focus of Mr. Jackson's piece." But he did start his last paragraph with "When I'm in the hood, I'm not concerned when I spot a police officer, I'm relieved. Law abiding citizens typically don't have to worry about cops." When I was done reading that's what echoed in my mind. I want it to be true. I hope for most people it is true. It has always been for me, police have only served me, and treated me justly. But, I do fear it is changing. Individual constitutional rights do not seem to matter. I read so many stories about the Police beating and even shooting anybody who doesn't immediately comply with any arbitrary command. That is not what this country is about.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:31 PM
I see I didn't make myself clear. I didn't mean it was impossible, or even immoral. I just meant there should be a legal test if it was justified self protection. I was really trying to emphasize that your right and the cops right are the same - he has no more right than you do. Every man has the right to defend his life and limb. In free nations that is the case for every person. In some nations only the police can. I want the U.S. to be the first kind.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:04 PM
100% agree. No need to apologize, that is what I was trying to say.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:03 PM
Hey Darbler, read much. I wrote " In this case I do think it was the truth that came out to the grand jury and this officer will be rightly exonerated. " I'll translate it for your weak reactive mind "Cops good, big black kid bad." Take a look at some of these videos if you can't figure out where I am coming from: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article32666.htm

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 2:03 PM

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 1:58 PM
Gerry11, Maybe its just the internet and skewed coverage, but I really believe things are changing. Only three years ago I would have been in 100% agreement. A few Bad apples. The thin Blue line protecting us. I have gotten the feeling in the last two years that the culture is changing. The constitutional rights of the public have no value, obedience to authority is becoming the goal.

Black Thugs Aren't Black Heroes

anewman Wrote: Nov 18, 2014 10:55 AM
Ok Carl, I buy most of it. One thing though: 1). I do think there is an issue of police acting like an occupying army. They are public servants. They don't have a license to kill. They can no more gun an unarmed man down in the streets than you or I. They should expect serious repercussions when they do. I would like all of them to wear a video recording device every hour they are on the job. In this case I do think it was the truth that came out to the grand jury and this officer will be rightly exonerated. But I read nearly every day of cases were the police are not just.

Barack Obama, Outside Agitator

anewman Wrote: Oct 03, 2014 11:42 AM
Doc I like everything you say. I'm of similar mind. Where do you live? I don't think it is reasonable to suggest that responsible Americans turn their back on their country and become ex-pats. No, we have to live with where the majority takes us. But, I do think some people should consider moving their economic force to the states that embrace limited government and personal responsibility. Let the blue states demonstrate where their path leads without any help from conservative producers. What do you think of that idea?