Not all kings were part of the descent. Jehoash, Amaziah, and Azariah, for example, all “did what was right in the eyes of the Lord,” except for one thing: “The high places were not removed; the...
In response to:
For those Christian parents who wish to protect their children's minds and hearts from the anti-christian lies that the secular school system and media are 'churning out' 24/7/365, please give serious thought to to option of Home schooling. Otherwise, you are simply engaged in a non-stop 'damage control' attempting to 'de-program' your child from the secular lies and indoctrination they are being bombarded with daily.
The second book of Kings in the Old Testament is a usefully depressing history on national decline. It starts with fire coming down from heaven to convince a king, and Elijah ascending to heaven via chariots of fire. It ends with the former king of Judah taken into captivity and dependent on the ruler of Babylon, who condescends to give him an allowance.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago