This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Christ's mother Mary was a sinful human being who found extraordinary grace and favor in the eyes of the Heavenly Father, and was chosen, above all women on this planet, to be the mother of the Savior of the world. Mary was not (and is not) a 'demi-god', a 'co-redeemer', or someone who acts as an intercessor to the Father. "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man, Christ Jesus." 1st Timothy 2:5. Mary was God's highly-favored 'vessel' to bring God's salvation, in human flesh, into this world. She, like us, was a sinner in need of God's wondrous salvation thru her Son, Jesus. To smear and twist the Bible's account, as Toibon has, of WHO Mary was, is despicable. But it is equally wrong to go the 'other direction' (more)
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago