This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Christ's mother Mary was a sinful human being who found extraordinary grace and favor in the eyes of the Heavenly Father, and was chosen, above all women on this planet, to be the mother of the Savior of the world. Mary was not (and is not) a 'demi-god', a 'co-redeemer', or someone who acts as an intercessor to the Father. "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man, Christ Jesus." 1st Timothy 2:5. Mary was God's highly-favored 'vessel' to bring God's salvation, in human flesh, into this world. She, like us, was a sinner in need of God's wondrous salvation thru her Son, Jesus. To smear and twist the Bible's account, as Toibon has, of WHO Mary was, is despicable. But it is equally wrong to go the 'other direction' (more)
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago