The choice, as President Obama has said, could not be clearer. Is our country a giant ATM, dispensing money and benefits to increasing numbers of people while requiring little, if anything, of the recipients? Or, is America a land of opportunity where people can rise as far as their skills and desire to work will take them, with a safety net for...
Cal says: "Good luck on the bi-partisan part.....archaic Senate rules require a supermajority- 60 votes- to pass anything of significance." REALLY, Cal? Would you call 'Obamacare'- the largest Social spending program since Social Security which was passed bt the Senate Democrats pulling a sneak parliamentary maneuver requiring only a BARE MAJORITY- would you call Obamacare 'nothing of significance'? Interesting, when the GOP under Bush attempted the same procedure, it was labeled 'the Nuclear Option' by the MSM, and the outrage and uproar was astounding. Funny, how the Left is allowed to pull 'extra-parliamentary' tricks like that, but not the Right. Wink, wink...
This election will tell us what kind of America we believe in. Is it the one our Founders bequeathed to their posterity of limited government, or is it the one re-made in the image of liberal paternalistic government?
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago