The choice, as President Obama has said, could not be clearer. Is our country a giant ATM, dispensing money and benefits to increasing numbers of people while requiring little, if anything, of the recipients? Or, is America a land of opportunity where people can rise as far as their skills and desire to work will take them, with a safety net for...
Cal says: "Good luck on the bi-partisan part.....archaic Senate rules require a supermajority- 60 votes- to pass anything of significance." REALLY, Cal? Would you call 'Obamacare'- the largest Social spending program since Social Security which was passed bt the Senate Democrats pulling a sneak parliamentary maneuver requiring only a BARE MAJORITY- would you call Obamacare 'nothing of significance'? Interesting, when the GOP under Bush attempted the same procedure, it was labeled 'the Nuclear Option' by the MSM, and the outrage and uproar was astounding. Funny, how the Left is allowed to pull 'extra-parliamentary' tricks like that, but not the Right. Wink, wink...
This election will tell us what kind of America we believe in. Is it the one our Founders bequeathed to their posterity of limited government, or is it the one re-made in the image of liberal paternalistic government?
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 3 hours ago