After Sunday’s airing of Home Box Office’s series “The Bible,” controversy erupted over the depiction of Satan. Series producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey denied any purposeful resemblance to President Barack Obama noting Moroccan actor Mehdi Ouazaani often plays dark figures. Silver screen satanic characters have taken many forms, from horned monsters to the slick New York lawyer played by Al Pacino in “The Devil’s Advocate.” In Genesis, Satan appeared to Eve as a crafty serpent. It wasn’t until after Satan took serpentine form that God took away the creature’s legs, condemning all snakes, from innocent garter snakes to deadly rattlers,...
"The Beast", Obama's official vehicle (and what an odd and colorful name to give to the President's official ride! Haven't those folks ever read the Revelation of Jesus Christ, the last 'book' in the Bible?) ... the 'Beast' BROKE DOWN in Israel this week, during the President's official visit there, and had to be 'towed away'. I don't recall EVER where a POTUS's official vehicle 'broke down' during an official state visit abroad! The "Beast breaking down in Israel"..... that is exactly what is going to happen in the not too distant future at a place called Armaggedon where the Beast will be 'broken without human hand'.... Who says the Almighty doesn't have a sense of irony and humor?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago