Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
We have been badly served ('betrayed' is a better word) by our elected 'leaders' in Congress and the White House (and the Supreme Court) for a long, long time. If the CEO and CFO and Board of Directors of a major U.S. corporation ran their business the way this country's leaders have handled the finances of this country, they would have been prosecuted, convicted and jailed for criminal malfeasance and breach of public trust. Payday is coming for our society, and it will not be pretty. Thieves have plundered our treasury for TRILLIONS of dollars.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago