Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
We have been badly served ('betrayed' is a better word) by our elected 'leaders' in Congress and the White House (and the Supreme Court) for a long, long time. If the CEO and CFO and Board of Directors of a major U.S. corporation ran their business the way this country's leaders have handled the finances of this country, they would have been prosecuted, convicted and jailed for criminal malfeasance and breach of public trust. Payday is coming for our society, and it will not be pretty. Thieves have plundered our treasury for TRILLIONS of dollars.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago