Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
We have been badly served ('betrayed' is a better word) by our elected 'leaders' in Congress and the White House (and the Supreme Court) for a long, long time. If the CEO and CFO and Board of Directors of a major U.S. corporation ran their business the way this country's leaders have handled the finances of this country, they would have been prosecuted, convicted and jailed for criminal malfeasance and breach of public trust. Payday is coming for our society, and it will not be pretty. Thieves have plundered our treasury for TRILLIONS of dollars.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago