Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
We have been badly served ('betrayed' is a better word) by our elected 'leaders' in Congress and the White House (and the Supreme Court) for a long, long time. If the CEO and CFO and Board of Directors of a major U.S. corporation ran their business the way this country's leaders have handled the finances of this country, they would have been prosecuted, convicted and jailed for criminal malfeasance and breach of public trust. Payday is coming for our society, and it will not be pretty. Thieves have plundered our treasury for TRILLIONS of dollars.
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago