As a conservative Republican in New York State, I have long understood my vote doesn’t matter. Yes, Reagan won the Empire State back in 1984, however it is quite clear that unless the entire lower tier of the state were to sink in the ocean, we Republicans do not matter statewide. The same is true for liberals in Texas, unless by a freak accident Austin were to withstand an alien invasion that destroyed the rest of Texas, a liberal Democrat’s vote does not matter. So this election, perhaps due to my youth, political naiveté, or apathy to the entire political system,...
The problem with the GOP is it's a big phony farce. What happened under 8 years of G.W.Bush proved that to me to be a fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt. And this is spoken by a voter who voted for Bush in 2000 and again in 2004. The truth of what the GOP is began to filter in sometime after 2005, with the all the massive corruption, ineptitude, deficit-spending and greed. The writer of this column is essentially correct. Mitt Romney is the Bush dynasty's hand-picked 'heir apparent' to pick up where GW Bush left off. If you LOVED what happened between 2001-2009 under Bush, vote for Mitt Romney.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago