That revelation, which was greeted with a ho-hum by the media, basically announced that by 2033, 21 years from now, the so-called Social Security trust fund will be empty. The only reason this was even announced is because we are approaching a presidential election campaign, and...
Napolitano says, "In 21 years the Social Security trust fund will be empty". Absolute BALONEY! The Social Security 'trust fund' was raided starting with LBJ, and his "Great Society" spending programs, and by every deficit-spending, 'spend-a-holic' administration since (some of the worst offenders the so-called 'conservative Republican presidents). We are 16 TRILLION DOLLARS in debt, folks. We are on the point of a Greece-style national insolvency and fiscal melt-down. The dollar is worth HALF today as the day Bush came in office in 2001. There is NO 'set aside, dedicated Social Security Fund'! We are at the point of fiscal and social Armaggedon thanks to lying corrupt politicians! Wake up, people!
When Texas Gov. Rick Perry, then in the early stages of his short-lived quest for the Republican presidential nomination, referred to Social Security as "a Ponzi scheme," he was excoriated by the press, left and right, and by his fellow Republicans, as well. Earlier this week, government actuaries revealed that Perry was correct.
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 39 mins ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 3 hours ago