Karl Rove, the man who brought us such great candidates as Bob Dole, John McCain, and George Bush, the man most of us voted for while we were holding our noses. Only an overly confident, arrogant elitist Washington insider would have the audacity to use the term "conservative" in his new RINO organization.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: There’s a nasty bit of the budget deal that makes tax hikes easier to pass Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- George W. sends letter of support to Alabama kicker after Iron Bowl Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Report: Top “moderate” U.S.-backed Syrian rebel general chased out of the country by jihadis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul: This “backwards,” “status quo” budget plan stinks, and stinks badly. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- RNC’s plan for 2016: Fewer debates, later primaries, and a convention in June Allahpundit 8 hours ago