What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Here is the ultimate acid test for whether or not America is ready for this or wants it. Upon their 18th birthday every male American must register for selective service. It is the sword hanging over their head until they are 45. They may not opt out. Extend this to every 18 year old girl in the country. Hit them with not just the option to serve, but the requirement to do so should it so be called upon. See how that plastic in Peoria.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago