Well one thing it is probably worth noting in comparison with Richard Nixon. In Nixon's case, the White House might haves asked for the opposition to be investigated. But the then IRS Director refused. The IRS chose to not be Nixon's political tool. Federal employees did the right thing. Compare that with today, where the IRS itself chose to be an active and subversive participant in the political process. This is much worse than Watergate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 8 hours ago