In the past, I would have written how metropolitan Atlanta has a population of nearly 6 million, many of whom are from somewhere other than Georgia. I would have noted that race relations in the state are...
The problem in Georgia is the State Republicans, while currently in control, are not in fact Conservatives. They are for the most part the same oportunistic democrat defectors who ran the place when it was a blue state. They sit on their laurels and assume the opposition is incompetent. What makes it worse is the Governor. Nathan Deal is a horror. The only time we, the citizens, ever here him is when he shows up to shake us down for more money, either in higher taxes (SPLOST) or when he hands off paid for public resources such as the HOV lanes to crony businesses in order to shake us down with paid "Lexus lanes". We look at the dynamic leadership in neighbors like SC and wonder why we have these same old useless old cross party self servers
Being a native of Atlanta, I always resented media depictions and popular culture images of Georgia as a state where everyone wore overalls, had three teeth in their head, and liberally used terms like "ain't" and "gonna" in their daily vocabulary. The problem is when reality programs like "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" depict exactly that, well, it starts to become a losing battle.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 5 hours ago