In the past, I would have written how metropolitan Atlanta has a population of nearly 6 million, many of whom are from somewhere other than Georgia. I would have noted that race relations in the state are...
The problem in Georgia is the State Republicans, while currently in control, are not in fact Conservatives. They are for the most part the same oportunistic democrat defectors who ran the place when it was a blue state. They sit on their laurels and assume the opposition is incompetent. What makes it worse is the Governor. Nathan Deal is a horror. The only time we, the citizens, ever here him is when he shows up to shake us down for more money, either in higher taxes (SPLOST) or when he hands off paid for public resources such as the HOV lanes to crony businesses in order to shake us down with paid "Lexus lanes". We look at the dynamic leadership in neighbors like SC and wonder why we have these same old useless old cross party self servers
Being a native of Atlanta, I always resented media depictions and popular culture images of Georgia as a state where everyone wore overalls, had three teeth in their head, and liberally used terms like "ain't" and "gonna" in their daily vocabulary. The problem is when reality programs like "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" depict exactly that, well, it starts to become a losing battle.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 7 hours ago