A friend of mine (who I won’t name) has fallen for this several times. The hoaxes perpetrated against him eventually evolved to the point of fake woman needing money to get out of some horrible situation that...
You're right. None of us knows. But Occam's razor still applies. There is a straightforward path to explain all of it. We have a religious conservative young morman. He is the star athlete at a conservative catholic school, in a very traditional football program. The imaginary girl friend was probably created, with the aid of friends, to help him deflect questions about his personal life, that he didn't want people asking, and certainly was not ready to answer. It became an issue when he started getting national press. Which is when she "died".
Who hasn’t laughed at the revelation that Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o had a “fake” girlfriend? I meant to spend five minutes on the subject on my radio show and ended up doing an hour and then making fun of it randomly throughout all three hours. As funny as it is, and it is pretty funny, it’s also not foreign to me.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago