This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Dread: Ms. Day was a communist, and no saint. Her main concern was social justice causes, for some time the progressive left has claimed that wealth redistribution is in fact an extension of Catholic doctrine. You may read the myriad of articles written by leftist Catholics starting at the Daily Kos concerning this. It appears that this is the case given the elevation of Ms. Day to canonization by every leftist Catholic. Mary is reviled by leftists who nominate one of their own as a saint, and the Catholic hierarchy plays politics and approves it.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 18 hours ago