This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
Dread a last comment: Souls are immaterial, our bodies communicate senses. Death brings cessation of those senses, the soul departs the body. An immaterial soul can no longer hear from this temporal world or speak back to it. Deceased saints can not hear temporal messages of intercession on behalf of us, if they could hear the message, what could they do about it ? Saints were no different than any other faithful person when alive, what elevated them to a status of a preferred soul over a faithful soul? Dread, where in scripture is there a reference to saints? Can you point me to it?
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 39 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago