We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago