We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago