Arizona's SB 1070 anti-illegal immigration bill heads to the Supreme Court today for arguments. The legislation has been dubbed one of the nation's "most controversial" and most "anti-immigrant" laws in the country, but the truth is, the legislation really isn't controversial at all. SB 1070 simply allows local law enforcement, the same officers who deal with the criminal consequences of illegal immigration everyday, to ask people regardless of skin color, for proof of citizenship after a crime has been committed (for more information about what's really happening on the border and what our local law enforcement officers are up against,...
No, Reagan signed the legislation that was the 1986 amnesty, stupid. The bill was drafted and pushed by Democrats, specifically Ted Kennedy. There has been no less than 500 bills signed concerning immigration since then, many during the Clinton years. What a propaganda tool you are.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 17 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago