In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
More children were killed in Chicago in the last three months form gang and criminal activity than anywhere else in the USA and Chicago has the very toughest gun laws. Progressives are stupid. Only progressive retards believe inanimate objects have the capacity to harm and maim all by themselves.
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago