In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
More children were killed in Chicago in the last three months form gang and criminal activity than anywhere else in the USA and Chicago has the very toughest gun laws. Progressives are stupid. Only progressive retards believe inanimate objects have the capacity to harm and maim all by themselves.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 7 hours ago