I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's what the feckless Republican party has told its dupes to parrot about the USA's annual budget. "Federal spending in 2008 was $2.98 trillion under Bush, the highest spending of any one year during his Presidency. Obama 2009 = $3.52 trillion; Obama 2010 = $3.46 trillion; From: http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/fed_spending_2010USrs" Here's what these lapdogs do not know. 2009 belongs to GEORGE W. BUSH. These years are FISCAL YEARS. FY2009=(Oct.08-Sept.09) Bush signed the 2009 Fiscal Year budget. Bush handed out the TARP money to Wall Street; Obama got it back. Bush moved the costs of the wars off-budget; Obama put it on the budget. Let's not forget; the Republicans lie and American soldiers die.
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago