I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's what the feckless Republican party has told its dupes to parrot about the USA's annual budget. "Federal spending in 2008 was $2.98 trillion under Bush, the highest spending of any one year during his Presidency. Obama 2009 = $3.52 trillion; Obama 2010 = $3.46 trillion; From: http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/fed_spending_2010USrs" Here's what these lapdogs do not know. 2009 belongs to GEORGE W. BUSH. These years are FISCAL YEARS. FY2009=(Oct.08-Sept.09) Bush signed the 2009 Fiscal Year budget. Bush handed out the TARP money to Wall Street; Obama got it back. Bush moved the costs of the wars off-budget; Obama put it on the budget. Let's not forget; the Republicans lie and American soldiers die.
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago