I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's the typical Republican/TeaParty response. Yeah, but not all of the flood insurance money goes to millionaires with million dollar homes. Oh....Ok, I guess that makes it Ok.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago