I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's the typical Republican/TeaParty response. Yeah, but not all of the flood insurance money goes to millionaires with million dollar homes. Oh....Ok, I guess that makes it Ok.
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 45 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago