I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's the typical Republican/TeaParty response. Yeah, but not all of the flood insurance money goes to millionaires with million dollar homes. Oh....Ok, I guess that makes it Ok.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago