I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Here's a partial list of so called 'small government, free market' Republicans that voted to send taxpayer's monies to millionaires with million dollar beach front homes. John Boehnor(R) Eric Cantor(R) Michele Bachmann(R) Paul Ryan(R) Allen West(R) Daryl Issa(R) Louis Gohmert(R) Jeb Hensarling(R) Dan Burton(R) Michael Grimm(R) Steve King(R) Duncan Hunter(R) Spencer Bachus(R) Votes gleaned from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-562 If this country has oodles of money to send to millionaires with million dollar beach front properties, then why worry about the debt?
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014