You missed a part, if NO order from the President is actually sent out the default is for inaction (indeed, there is no other option). The State Department, JCS, and all the rest can do NOTHING until the President directs the action. Obama did nothing (maybe watched, maybe slept, maybe made calls trying to raise campaign money, but did NOT send out the order) so the others, by law, could do nothing. The local commander would still have to issue the stand down for his troops eventually BECAUSE he got NO execute order.
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 26 minutes ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 3 hours ago