The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago