The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago