Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
So tell me why the House has passed 25+ bills most with bi-partisan support that were ment to help the economy & those bills sit on Princess Hairless Reids desk? Oh btw there is a compromise bill that's been in limbo since August that would have extended the tax cuts into next year. It had the support of BHO. Reid tabled it because everyone gets the tax cuts.
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 56 mins ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago