Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
So tell me why the House has passed 25+ bills most with bi-partisan support that were ment to help the economy & those bills sit on Princess Hairless Reids desk? Oh btw there is a compromise bill that's been in limbo since August that would have extended the tax cuts into next year. It had the support of BHO. Reid tabled it because everyone gets the tax cuts.
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago