Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
So tell me why the House has passed 25+ bills most with bi-partisan support that were ment to help the economy & those bills sit on Princess Hairless Reids desk? Oh btw there is a compromise bill that's been in limbo since August that would have extended the tax cuts into next year. It had the support of BHO. Reid tabled it because everyone gets the tax cuts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 9 hours ago