Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
From Manwydden's crashing sea, To the moor and the Highland Glen. From the Faerie Hills, home of the Sidhe, To the veins of the Broad and the Fen. Someone go down to the Holy Trees of Oak and Ash and Thorn! Utter a charm in the verse of three, Till the Summer King is born! The Crane, the wolf, the bear and the boar, No longer dwell upon these shores, You say that the Goddess and God have gone, Well I tell you they live on! For in the cities and hills, And in circles of stone, The voices of the Old Ways, The Spirit of Albion is calling you home!
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago