Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
I am the oats the corn and grain, A bearded man with a crooked cane, Cut me down, I must die, For the land to be born again. But don’t you cry and don’t you grieve, For soon the Wild Hunt I will lead, On the night of Samhain. The air is cold, the sky is grey, Where am I this Winter’s day, Bones of trees, fallen leaves, The time of the Winter Queen, But through the wind and snow and rain, Know that a part of me remains, Holly stands, evergreen.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago