Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
So if it was an ad hominem attack then where is tuttle wrong?
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago