During a recent public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut about gun violence, the same hearing where the Sandy Hook father explained why his daughter is safer at home where he can protect her with firearms than at school, legal immigrant Henson Ong argued against gun control legislation being proposed in the state. Ong cited American history, the Los Angeles riots of the 1990s and tyranny overseas as examples as to why the Second Amendment is needed. He also pointed out that the United States has a long history of gun ownership ranging from high school rifle teams to hunting, yet...
brighty said.... Too often it takes an Einstein to explain to non-Americans why America is so gun obsessed, and feel that it is the solution to every problem. _______________ sorry brighty....wrong...bzzzzz....You feel we conservatives & Constitutionalists think that guns are the only answer. You're wrong. Just like justified war guns are _ONE_ of the answers to every day violence. They are not the only answer. The firearm is just a tool. In the right hands it is a tool to maintain order & safety for the law abiding. In the wrong hands it is a tool that causes death, destruction, harm, & pain. For some reason you progressives can not seem to make a logical distinction between the two.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago