Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
UltraMan in response to your reasoned rebuttal my opinion is this. Now ours is a Nation wherein not one religion rules, no one Faith is preeminent over any other. There are almost as many views on when life begins within the womb as there are religions on the earth. Since the law of the land is that abortion is legal I work from that basis. However SCOTUS has also accepted certain restrictions on the procedure. Choice & responsibility working hand in hand a reasonable approach would be to allow abortions until a month before the accepted viability date. At this point in time viability is about 22 weeks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago