Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
UltraMan in response to your reasoned rebuttal my opinion is this. Now ours is a Nation wherein not one religion rules, no one Faith is preeminent over any other. There are almost as many views on when life begins within the womb as there are religions on the earth. Since the law of the land is that abortion is legal I work from that basis. However SCOTUS has also accepted certain restrictions on the procedure. Choice & responsibility working hand in hand a reasonable approach would be to allow abortions until a month before the accepted viability date. At this point in time viability is about 22 weeks.
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago