Last night in Northern Virginia, Democratic Rep. Jim Moran held a public "conversation about gun violence." Moran respesents Virginia's 8th congressional district. Celia Bigelow, the former campus action director for American Majority Action, asked Moran why he felt it was appropriate to legislate women into being victims. Bigelow specifically referred to the story of Amanda Collins who said she was "legislated into being a victim" by university bureaucrats. Collins was raped on campus in a gun free zone at gun point. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of her concealed carry permit, but not her...
UltraMan in response to your reasoned rebuttal my opinion is this. Now ours is a Nation wherein not one religion rules, no one Faith is preeminent over any other. There are almost as many views on when life begins within the womb as there are religions on the earth. Since the law of the land is that abortion is legal I work from that basis. However SCOTUS has also accepted certain restrictions on the procedure. Choice & responsibility working hand in hand a reasonable approach would be to allow abortions until a month before the accepted viability date. At this point in time viability is about 22 weeks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 9 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago