California has been at the forefront of ObamaCare implementation, but state lawmakers are facing a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors in the state to treat the expected influx of newly-insured patients.
A government council has recommended a physician-to-population ratio of 60 to 80 primary care doctors per 100,000 residents. Only 16 of California’s 58 counties reach this recommended supply of primary care physicians.
With ObamaCare, it’s only going to get worse.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 9 hours ago