Hardest hit, CNN's Piers Morgan.
A study released Tuesday by the government’s Bureau of Justice Statistics found that gun-related homicides dropped from 18,253 in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011. That’s a 39 percent reduction.
Another report by the private Pew Research Center found a similar decline by looking at the rate of gun homicides, which compares the number of killings to the size of the country’s population. It found that the number of gun homicides per 100,000 people fell from 7 percent in 1993 to 3.6 percent in 2010, a drop of 49 percent.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago