Taxes are an outside price that a company or person pays to the government for "services rendered" Taxes are not dependent on market activity, production costs, or other foreseeable expenditures a company may face, they are contingent on the foibles of the populace & the politicians....These are not foreseeable costs in any way not can they be insured against as can natural disasters..
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 6 hours ago