Hairless Reid said... I strongly believe that the homeless should be empowered to vote, especially at the local level where policy affects them directly, and they have the opportunity to support candidates who are in favor of stipends, wet shelters, etc. __________________ Like I said Hairless.....you want the power their vote gives you. You don't care about them personally. Have you offered to take any of them into your home to help them get sober, get straight, get a job, & get a home? Nope, Nope, Nope, & nope.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 5 mins ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 44 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 2 hours ago