Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
"Libertarians ... still probably won't vote Republican unless we agree to legalize crack, support open borders and close all of our overseas military bases." Hawkins really needs to learn more about libertarians before shooting his mouth off. There is no constitutional authority for the federal war on drugs. At the very least, it should be handled by the states. There is also no constitutional authority for having a military presence in over 100 nations.
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago