Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
"Libertarians ... still probably won't vote Republican unless we agree to legalize crack, support open borders and close all of our overseas military bases." Hawkins really needs to learn more about libertarians before shooting his mouth off. There is no constitutional authority for the federal war on drugs. At the very least, it should be handled by the states. There is also no constitutional authority for having a military presence in over 100 nations.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago