Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
"Libertarians ... still probably won't vote Republican unless we agree to legalize crack, support open borders and close all of our overseas military bases." Hawkins really needs to learn more about libertarians before shooting his mouth off. There is no constitutional authority for the federal war on drugs. At the very least, it should be handled by the states. There is also no constitutional authority for having a military presence in over 100 nations.
- There’s only one man who can save ObamaCare now Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Trey Gowdy to liberal law prof: If Obama can ignore parts of ObamaCare, could he ignore election laws too? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Please, no: Obama to use presidency as stepping stone to SportsCenter gig Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama, Dems hope minimum wage distraction will take Obamacare heat off Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- Where is the Democrats’ primary push to the Left? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Obama: How terrible of Congress to ruin Christmas by … causing people to lose their insurance Allahpundit 4 hours ago